Pages

Election Day in the Library

Yesterday, I worked the election at Mobil Elementary School. Mobil is 14 miles west of Maricopa... which is a long, long ways from my house. The polls were open from 6 AM - 7 PM and we had to be there the entire time. Mobil has about 92 people registered to vote in their precinct and only 6 showed up to actually vote. It was sad. Had I know how far away Mobil was and that it was going to be that slow I would not have let me Mom (who works at some election site around the valley usually every time) guilt me into it and waste my vacation day off work. For some reason, she always knows when to strike at my weakest moments.

The highlight was finding this book on their library shelf. I don't even have a comment for it...

1 comment:

NA-tall-EE said...

Nobody cracks me up like you do! :D