If you're ever in Beaver, UT
I highly recommend that you stop at the McDonald's and visit their drive thru for a few laughs. Driving home from Utah a few weeks ago, we decided to pull off in Beaver to grab something for breakfast. McDonald's isn't ever my first choice, but it was the first place we saw off the interstate and we weren't sure what else we would come across, so McDonald's was it. There was several cars in the drive thru line and the parking lot was pretty full. It was just before 10 AM and I was hoping that we would still be able to order breakfast. We waited for what seemed like forever for the car at the order line. Eventually the two cars in front of me gave up and got out of line. The 1st car making their order finally pulled forward and then it was our turn to order. This is how our ordering experience went: McPloyee: Can I take your order? Me: Are you still serving breakfast? McPloyee: I'm not sure. (and then silence) Me: You're not sure? McPloyee: (We overhear him ask someone if they are still serving breakfast) Yes, we are still serving breakfast. Can I take your order? Me: Just one second. McPloyee: Ok, order when you're ready. We decide what we all want to order. Mom wants the bacon, egg biscuit and a hash brown. Natalie just wants a coke so we decide to make Mom's a combo meal. I wanted a sausage muffin. Me: Ok, I'm ready. McPloyee: Uh, just a minute please. waiting... waiting.... waiting.... Me: Are you there? McPloyee: Yes. Me: Can we get the (Mom's combo) with a coke and a Sausage McMuffin? McPloyee: Anything else? Me: (The screen says a large coke.) We just want a small coke with the combo meal, not a large one. McPloyee: Well it's only 99 cents so the large is cheaper then the small. Me: oh, ok. He then tells us the amount, to pull forward, yada yada yada. We pull around to the window where we wait some more for the car ahead of us to get their food. Then finally they pull away and I pull up to the window. I have the money ready to give to the McPloyee but he isn't ready to take it from me and tells me just a second. He's got the window open so we can watch him and listen to him taking more orders. He was this really young, skinny, white boy who was having a really hard time multi-tasking his job. At one point he was standing with his hand on his back like a 8.5 month pregnant women who had been on her feet for 12 hours would be standing while he was trying to get the food order punched in to the computer. He would then tell who ever was on the other end of the speaker to hold on and would ask the guy bringing food up to the counter where something was on the menu. While all this is going on some guy came over twice to dump ice in the top of the soda machine he was standing in front of. Finally he takes my money and eventually gives me my change back. He precedes to make chit chat with us while telling the people wanting to give their order to hold a moment. McPloyee: Is there still a lot of cars in line? Me: Uh, people are actually getting out of line. I'm not joking.. when I told him that, he threw his arms up like goal posts and said, "Yessss!" He then goes on to tell us how busy it's been for them today. While he's chit chatting another guy brings over a bag of food... and then another bag of food and sets them next to McPloyee. McPloyee puts his head set back on and attempts to take another order. Then he slides his headset back down around his neck and says, "I'm gonna take a little break now." All the while we are just looking at him waiting for him to hand over our food. Natalie and I are giggling at this point and Natalie is calling out a play by play to Mom in the backseat. Finally he hands out a bag of food. It was not what we ordered so I hand it back to him and tell him this is not our food. McPloyee: It's not? Me: No. McPloyee: What did you order? I tell him what we ordered. He does a few "dog chasing his tail" type circles and asks another guy about our order. He then checks the other bag next to him, disappears from the window, and then finally comes back and hands us a bag that looked like our food... or the food we were taking anyways. McPloyee: Sorry about that. Man, it has been so busy today. I've been up for too many hours. Me: We need our drink. McPloyee: Uh, you're what? Me: Our coke. We ordered a large coke. (I can see a large drink cup sitting just next to the window on the soda machine.) McPloyee: Oh yeah. He then runs his finger back and forth along the front of the machine to decide which button to push. He attempts to take another car's order or maybe just finish the same car's order. All the while we are just staring at him with sympathetic "how dumb can you be" smiles on our faces. McPloyee: (Looks at me, then asks) What was I doing? ...Oh yeah, your soda. He does a few more turns to find a lid and straw and then hands the drink over to me. I hand it to Natalie and we pull away. Natalie: Ugh! This is root beer!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
lol, only at McDonalds!!! We went to Dennys for breakfast last week... the service was terrible to begin with, and they weren't busy at all, so really no excuse for it... we were up front waiting to pay and nobody wanted to help us. They were all arguing who should ring us up. One guy was bussing tables and the other girl told him to ring us up. He said no, he was busy and she should ring us up. She said no that she was busy with something else. Then a third girl came up and they told her to ring us up. She just looked at us and said "they aren't my table" and walked away. I was seriously about to walk out and not pay I was so irritated. Then some more customers came in and were waiting to be seated... all the employees were arguing who should take the customers because nobody wanted them (it was a HUGE group of 4)... Our waitress finally yelled "Well fine, I'll take them, but I'm going to be slammed now because I've already got 2 tables..." 2 tables??? You're kidding me... you're SLAMMED with 2 tables??? The employees were all arguing in front of the customers that none of them actually wanted to "work"... and I'm sorry, what are they being paid for??? So anyways, some old lady finally got "stuck" ringing us up... and being the nice person I am, after we had paid for our meal, I told our waitress that I was so sorry to interrupt her personal time at WORK, went back to our table, took my tip money, and left. Whatever happened to GOOD customer service???
Dang right, way to go taking your tip back Tara!!
Post a Comment