I Hate When School Starts!
Because my drive time to work each morning gets longer and longer. I have yet to figure out how to avoid getting stuck behind school buses or stopped by the crossing guards while the Midget parade takes the right of way. Let me tell you, kids have it so much easier then I did when I was in grade school. First of all, we had to walk all way to the end of the street to catch the bus. All the kids in our neighborhood had the same bus stop. But this one bus on Southern stops to pick up kids every couple hundred feet. And you'd think the kids could be waiting on the right side of the street but noooo! We have to wait for them to mosey on across the street, stopping to pick up rocks or bugs or whatever they find in the middle of the road and then climb on to the bus. But what is even worse is waiting for a kid. You'd think they would show a little hustle since the bus driver and like 12 cars are all waiting on him but noooo! He just takes his own sweet time. When I was a kid our bus driver was Mr. Mosher. He was also the 8th grade math teacher and basketball couch. If he had to wait for you he was yelling out the bus doors "Run!! Run!! Run!!.... Keep running!... Don't stop!!... Run!!" And if you were too far down the road that he didn't think he could yell loud enough he got on the PA system and yelled over the speaker "Run!! Run!! Run!!" Actually, I did see this one little boy running from his house to catch the bus. Except when he headed out across the lawn his dog that was like twice his size was running interference and laid him flat. Poor little guy. His mom had to come out and pick him up. But as soon as he was up and stopped crying he took off running again! Well, eventually I'll either get more patient on my drive to work or learn to get out of the house 15 minutes earlier. Unfortunitly by the time either of those happen it's May again and school will be out. Problem solved... until next September!
Labels:
Rants
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment