Pages

I don't want to be 30

Why, why, why me?! Why do I have to be 30? This sucks!! Yeah, I know... last year at this time I was all "Thirty, smirty. Bring it on." But that was when I was 29. I was young and naive. I had a whole year left.
Despite having to turn 30, I had an enjoyable birthday. I was surrounded by good friends and family (which hey, that is really what's most important when you get up in age and close to "The End.") My friend, Stephanie invited me to the corn maze at Fear Farm with her boys. My grandma had family dinners for me twice this week. My sister-in-law, Christy took me to dinner and a movie. My parents gave me gift cards. And my sister, Natalie wrote my youth's obituary for me...
Renee's Youth 1980-2010
Looking back on her youth, we remember it like it was yesterday (oh yeah it was). 29 years...a good run! Growing up mostly in Buckeye, AZ provided some good times and CRAZY adventures! She enjoyed baseball (stalking baseball players anyways), playing tennis with Natalie (chasing balls really)..., photography, editing, playing guitar, painting pottery, scrapbooking, collecting anything having to do with "her David" and traveling. Many of these crazy adventures took place on our crazy road trips and vacations; all the way from the Alaska Pipeline, to the Boarder Station in Mexico! She was one of those girls who could stay up late and get up early. She has created several memories that as of today she can start with, "I remember when I was young I...". Her youth is survived by her two sisters; Natalie (28), Sarah (26), and her Grandmother H (16 and holding), additionally... two nieces Katie (2), Kimberly (1), and one nephew, Ty (-1). Her youth is preceded in death by all other family and friends, over 30. Rest in peace Renee's Youth, you are gone... but not forgotten!

No comments: