I was born and raised in the (west) Phoenix Valley. I guess that makes me one of those rare native Phoenicians.
I work for a large transportation company and like what I do, plus I'm good at it (or I like to think so.)
When I'm not working, I enjoy spending time with my family & friends, traveling, watching movies, listening to music, reading, playing cards & board games, Arizona Broadway Theatre shows, baseball games, and sometimes just vegging out on the couch watching TV or doing nothing at all.
When people call WalMart "Wally World." I don't know why this bothers me so much but it does. Every time I hear someone call it that I mentally groan and want to tell them, "Don't call it that!"
Maybe it's because everyone (loves/hates/is indifferent about) Wal*Mart, so they call it "Wally World" because they are trying to make it exciting like "Disney World"?
2 comments:
Maybe it's because everyone (loves/hates/is indifferent about) Wal*Mart, so they call it "Wally World" because they are trying to make it exciting like "Disney World"?
GUILTY AS CHARGED! I've always called it Wally World!!!
Post a Comment