It starts when
my alarm goes off at 5 o'something AM. Oh how I loath the alarm clock. I hit snooze (repeatedly) until 6 and then I'm up and rushing to get ready for work. There are 4 different clocks in my house that keep me on track to get out of the house on time; except none of them are the same time. (Even the 2 cell phones I carry don't keep the same time. What the heck?) Every morning I tell myself I need to reset them all but do I take the time to do it at night when I get home? No. And somehow between walking out the door and getting into my car 15 feet away I manage to loose 6 minutes.
Then at work it's more time keeping. I have to document almost every conversation, interview, and incident that happens with date and time. Most days I get about 12 hours of work to squeeze into an 8 hour day... 10 if I work through my lunch hour and stay late. I have to follow DOT's 2 hours rule, 3 hours rule, 8 hours rule, 24 hours rule, 32 hours rule, 72 hours rule, and 10 days rule.
And why does everything have to be measured in time increments? 12 hour mouthwash, 14 day contacts, 16 hour makeup, and an 18 hour bra. Even a women's stable mood, ability to think rationally, and fit into her jeans only lasts for about 3 weeks at a time.We're told to get 8 hours of sleep each night, work 40 hours a week, and exercise for 30 minutes a day. Is it any wonder that most women are like ticking time bombs?
I am 2 seconds away from just moving to Hawaii and living on island time!
my alarm goes off at 5 o'something AM. Oh how I loath the alarm clock. I hit snooze (repeatedly) until 6 and then I'm up and rushing to get ready for work. There are 4 different clocks in my house that keep me on track to get out of the house on time; except none of them are the same time. (Even the 2 cell phones I carry don't keep the same time. What the heck?) Every morning I tell myself I need to reset them all but do I take the time to do it at night when I get home? No. And somehow between walking out the door and getting into my car 15 feet away I manage to loose 6 minutes.
Then at work it's more time keeping. I have to document almost every conversation, interview, and incident that happens with date and time. Most days I get about 12 hours of work to squeeze into an 8 hour day... 10 if I work through my lunch hour and stay late. I have to follow DOT's 2 hours rule, 3 hours rule, 8 hours rule, 24 hours rule, 32 hours rule, 72 hours rule, and 10 days rule.
And why does everything have to be measured in time increments? 12 hour mouthwash, 14 day contacts, 16 hour makeup, and an 18 hour bra. Even a women's stable mood, ability to think rationally, and fit into her jeans only lasts for about 3 weeks at a time.We're told to get 8 hours of sleep each night, work 40 hours a week, and exercise for 30 minutes a day. Is it any wonder that most women are like ticking time bombs?
I am 2 seconds away from just moving to Hawaii and living on island time!

No comments:
Post a Comment