Pages

New Year's Resolution... be more active!

I've decided that since it's a new year I need to be more dedicated to being active and getting a little... no, a lot more exercise. Since I mostly just sit at my desk in the office all day I really don't get any exercise at all. I swear, I'm lucky if I get a chance to get up to use the restroom. So my options are either to start making 50 extra trips to the ladies room each day or stop being so lazy when I get home from work.
I've decided to stop being lazy when I get home from work because the ladies restroom at work stinks way too much to visit any more then necessary.
I've talked Natalie in to walking with me 3 nights a week and the other nights I'm going to use my Tread Climber at home. Except, I'm learning that Natalie is not a good "work out" buddy. She flakes out on me too much.
Last week our plan was to go walking Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. We made it out Tuesday night... and that was it. Better then nothing I guess.
We did have fun on our 45 min stroll around the lake in the community just east of where we live. It was slow starting because Natalie made me run up and down the first stair case we came to doing the whole Rocky stair running / victory dance thing and then she had to pit stop at the restrooms (I swear, my sister can't pass a toilet with out needing to go.) There was another old guy out running around the lake. I mean RUNNING! He lapped us 3 times! It was just embarrassing. After seeing him the 2nd time in like 10 minutes I asked Natalie if there was a bridge somewhere I missed but no such luck.
Anyways... so last week was a bust but that's ok. I'll do better this week.

No comments: