Pages

Crazy Things My Sister Says part X

This is an old but good one! Over dinner with the family the other night, the term "moshing" came up. Natalie and I were explaining what "moshing" was to our grandma and the story was retold...
A few years ago, we had gone to the Blink 182, Green Day, and Jimmy Eat World (JEW is awesome live by the way) concert and Natalie ditched me to rush the stage. One minute she was standing next to me trying to talk me in to rushing the rent-a-cop with her and all the other people coming down the bleachers behind us; and then the next she was down in the pit waving at me. Then she disappeared. Green Day was on and at one point they totally stopped playing, right in the middle of their song, and Billie Joe Armstrong says, "Hey! Pick those people up! (pointing towards the left side of the stage) No body's mother is here. We have to watch out for each other."
When their set ended, I saw Natalie clawing her way out of the pit and back to her seat next to me. With Blink being her favorite band and all, I was shocked she came back to her seat. I ask her why she come back before they came on stage.
NATALIE: Did you hear when Green Day said, "Pick those people up?"
ME: Yeah.
NATALIE: That was me! I got knocked over and like 3 rows of people landed on me. I had to get out of there!

No comments: