Resolution Update
Well, I'm happy to gloat.... er, report that I've done a dang good job at sticking to my New Years Resolution this year. My resolution was to be more active and I have been! Mostly I just go out walking for about 45 min - 1 hour about 3 - 5 times a week. It's paid off though. I don't feel as stressed out and I've dropped 15 pounds. The weather has been beautiful the last couple of weeks so it's really nice being outside walking in the evenings. Usually, Natalie will meet me after work each day to walk which is fun. I enjoy her company and she makes me laugh so hard sometimes. (There are bats at the lake where we walk and she swears they dive bomb her. Ironically, she screams just as loud at a bat flying near her as she does over a moth.) But even when Natalie doesn't walk with me, I still go... even though my mother and grandmother don't like it. When my mom found out what I was doing I got the safety lecture... MOM: That's not safe, Renee. ME: Mom... please. The fat kid doesn't get kidnapped. MOM: Oh, that's good. Is that your protection strategy? You shouldn't be out by yourself. ME: I'm not out by myself. There is always a lot of other people out walking to. MOM: You don't even have a dog to take with you. ME: Exactly, so there would be no reason for a stranger to stop and talk to me. MOM: What if you fell in the lake? You could drown. ME: The lake isn't that deep, I'd be ok. MOM: Not if you're knocked unconscious. Finally, I pointed out that she would just have to meet me and walk with me when Natalie can't... to protect me... and that was the end of the discussion. I guess I won...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment