Back in August I signed up to participate in Swift Charities 5K Fun Run. Then I started hounding my family, friends, co-workers... pretty much everyone I could think of for donations.
The event was sponsored by Swift Charities in co-operation with the Special Olympics of Arizona and benefited Southwest Human Development - an organization who helps children with disabilities.
Some people donated in honor of their child or a loved one who participated in the Special Olympics. Some donated because they recognized what a great cause this event was supporting. Some donated just to support me and/or Swift Charities. And I'm sure some even donated because they were tired of my bill-collector-type emails they had been getting for three months.
On Saturday, November 19th all of my promoting, emails, Facebook posts, and cookie bribes paid off. I came in as the top fundraiser with a total of $2,207.12 donated under my name. And Swift
Charities raised a grand total of $30,000 from the event!
I can't express how touched and humbled I was by the generosity of everyone who donated. This was the first time I've ever participated in an event of this nature. It was a lot of fun and I'm so glad that I did!
Check out this link for a recap of the event: Swift Charities 5K Fun Run

me crossing the finish line after the walk


No comments:
Post a Comment